Thursday, June 21, 2001

the first day of summer and here's how it was spent for Lorn:

Woke up around 9:40, meaning to get up with my alarm half an hour earlier so I would have time to shower and eat breakfast before practice/work, but only managed the breakfast. Getting up was HARD. Anyway, went to practice but didn't get anything accomplished for various reasons but mostly that I was just fed up with my regular warmup and didn't have the presence of mind at the moment to change it so i quit and took a nap in the lounge until it was time to ride to work. Work, slow...weird, but tolerable. Home, totally needing an increase in bloodsugar...when i got home I had to sit down to stop the room from spinning...went to Noodles with Bethany, Davis, and Chris. After that (and feeling much better and not shaky or queasy at all thanks much!) Chris and I went to the zoo. He saw the live badger that he so desperately wanted to see, and I got to make various and probably very obnoxious comments comparing everything to the San Diego Zoo. Biked through the Arboretum...I fell off my bike! Hurray for me! It was one of those stupid things you do while it's going through your head, "hey, dumbass, you're going to fall off your bike if you do this, so why don't you not do it?" but I went ahead and hit that curb anyway, top speed and on a tilt. Hmm. What else? Practiced...and saw Collin! Yay! He is such a happy, fun person. He yelled, "Lorn!!" and gave me a hug. I felt highly loved. And then walked home with Davis babbling about how I love people and they are so crazy and funny and I just can't express in words how much people make me happy sometimes. I don't know.. as a society we do everything wrong, yet people like Collin can always restore my faith in individuals and I hope I never lose that. I hope I can always be happy about people and their silliness and enjoy who they are. And that ends today...and now it's time for summer!
Mwah!