Monday, July 09, 2001

so sad!! i have just returned from seeing Artificial Intelligence. I cried for the last half hour!!!!!!!! I'm still sniffly. (lorn then prompts her audience "but, who did you see it with?") Audience: "but, Lorn, who did you see it with?" L: "ah, well, he's an old bud of mine, you know." A: "don't beat around the bush!" L: "ah, you know, ahem, Ryan." A: "Ryan?!?" L: "yes, Ryan."

and how was it, you then ask? (davis did) Well, here's the deal: he called yesterday and left a message, and I was going to be testy and wait a few days, but then he called again today. And we caught up a bit on the phone, and I felt like I didn't have to pretend, and a few months (but only a few) of resentment melted away. So we went out and sat on the terrace for a little while and talked about music and dogs and everything else. And then went and saw said movie. So I was trying to measure my reaction, but the funny thing was, I don't think I had one other than, "I'm glad to be with my friend again." friend, hmm, key word or not? as of yet I cannot tell where I stand emotionally (as movie has drained me of emotion), and shall have to see...mostly I'm just happy that we're in touch and that he considers me "his only friend in madison this summer." so it's all good. i'll keep you posted. and i shall have happy dreams. :)