Saturday, May 29, 2004

just randomly posting, bored

Current favorite Futurama quote I am desperate to use in conversation:
Hermes: Baby needs a new pair of shoes!
Zoidberg: Forget your spoiled baby, I need those shoes!

Things I got in the mail whilst in Texas:

-Ani tickets. *gush* They are sitting on my record player, winking at me seductively. At the concert I am going to buy the biggest fucking poster I can find for my wall in Plano. Big fucking Ani poster. Ginormous. (I've never written that word out before, it looks weird)

-My fun new purse and tshirts. One of them does not fit, oh well. Back it goes.

-A check for $600 from the Ramona Unified School District, my thanks for putting up with the freshman for an academic year and forcing them to become better brass players.

Still waiting in the mail for:
-9 mixed CDs

Obligatory home decoration/Target rant:
My mom and I got on a decorating kick today, and went through her collection of posters and prints. I found some neet stuff for my future walls: a menu for the Ghiradhelli Chocolate Factory, several small Mary Engelbright prints, a Del Mar Fair advertisement from 1990, an ornate recipe for cheese fondue. Katie and I went out for coffee and then went over to Target to look at their furniture. The orgasmic WaterPik shower head is only $20, and in August it shall be mine. Goddess, I love Target- especially that I always seem to find a desirable CD there for only $10. Tonight it is the self-titled Phantom Planet album. Also, a rainbow belt that is reminiscent of a belt I had as a young'un, $10. I could in entirety furnish a home and entertain myself for ages at Target, and in fact that is just what I may do in Texas.

Procrastination of the week:
As I mentioned earlier, I have been invited to guest blog at Feministe, and it was my intention to do a Susan McClary style analysis of Fanny Mendelssohn's Piano Trio. However, both audio and visual of the piece are proving difficult to find (not a surprise in the stodgily patriarchal art music world). Therefore I'm working on a look at Tara and women in Buddhism.

Weird physical annoyance:
My skin is very sensitive and sore on my right side/lower back. Please please don't let me have some sort of organ ailment that requires health coverage. Please.

People I miss/am thinking about a lot right now:
Jerry, Abby, Davis (I have a present for you), Ryan, Nick, Hans, Megan, Dan B.