Monday, December 27, 2004

short leave of absence

Blogging from me will be light for the next couple of days, as I'll be on the road up to Wisssssccconssssin (that's the sound of me freezing my ass off) and once there, likely drinking a lot and catching up with old friends. And then I'll be on the road for two more days to come back down to Dallas, at which point I will immediately have to go back to teaching and being sober. I think I'm going to be a total wreck come January 4th, but it'll have been worth it. I'll try to get a post in edgewise once I get to Madison, to tell you how much fun I'm having without you (except that most of you who read this will also be in town, so perhaps you don't care), but until then, take care, have a safe and happy New Years, and have a fucking good story to tell me when I get back.

Jerry, Chris, Emily?, Davis?, Dan, Kathryn, Abby, Mikey, Beatriz, Grant and everyone else- see you soon, lovelies. Chai latte at Expresso Royale and warm Roti and mango lassi at Himal Chuli- just wait right there until I stop in to consume you. State Street- I'm going to be so happy to see you I will fucking skip from the Capitol to Bascom Hill. I swear it. I will hug the Humanities Building and breathe in the dusty, asbestos-ridden air within with joy and nostalgia. Oh, and Berghoff dark? I've missed you. Sure, I've dallied with other beers, but Shiner Bock is just a distraction and I love you still. Please believe me. This long distance thing is just so hard, I...I get choked up even thinking about it. Friends?