Saturday, May 19, 2001

i'd like to see phat phunktion again...that was one of the most fun tuesday nights i've ever had...and plus, a random person told me i was a good dancer (not a boy, unfortunately, but still appreciated). the reason i bring this up is that i'm listening to Tower of Power's funky rhythms and it makes me want to dance. not with my parents in the house though.

what a weird, do nothing day. i got out of bed at noon (i woke up at eleven but i read for awhile), went to lunch (mm...oscar's) with my mummy, helped her plant one of the back gardens (i picked out the flowers: snapdragons, a weird strain of daisy that's bright orange, delphiniums, and cosmos) and got some ideas and advice for making my own garden back in madison. I want sunflowers...i love sunflowers. they're so ridiculously huge.

my train of thought for the day: it seems to me like everyone i meet and care about in the world is undeniably special and cool. part of my self-esteem issue lies in trying to live up to all this coolness in myself...and part of my jealousy problem extends into the fact that i hate to think or hear anything bad about any of the supercool people. if you're reading this and wondering, don't worry, my ratio of who's cool and who's not to me is high in favor of the cool. cool is one of those terms...it limits me, it makes me feel sort of illiterate or something. you know, vernacular in a sense. but there's nothing wrong with that. i just wish words would more readily express themselves to me. here we go now, i started out this paragraph with the intention of exploring my feelings for the human race and ended up in linguistics. bah. nevermind.