Friday, June 22, 2001

I have used Buddha Stew to brighten someone's day! (ben)

Training for beach lifeguard today...uck...lots and lots of weeds in lake monona. not so hot to swim in. but alright...i have one permanent spot on tuesdays and now i can pick up sub hours. It seems like a lot of requirements for being on time and setting things up and so on...but it should be fun and i get to spend the rest of the summer enjoying the outside! I will let you know when I am close to town and y'all can come visit me. :)

Sad news though, I got my mouthpiece and it's too large a shank. I shall have to send it back. :( Ah well, I have procrastinated ordering it long enough, and I can wait a little while longer. Back to the old Bach 5G for a while yet! It has served me well at least. Lots of new music though, including a Lindberg CD that I am listening to currently. It's got the Sulek and Hindemith, and Blue Bells (haha!), and Sequenza V. So it rocks, basically. A new method book also came...which will be good for my tired out old warmup. Time to start cracking on practicing!

Of course, yesterday only the first day of summer officially. I have been enjoying summer for quite some time and I shall continue to do so. At work this morning it was just Nate and I, and very busy. But it was alright. At least you have someone to talk to and there is less falling asleep involved. :) Alright...I really really deserve a shower right now. The Lake-Itchiness has gone on long enough.