Sunday, March 07, 2004

hanging out in the wet swimsuit, for old times' sake

I had a very good Sunday, and it's only going to get better.

I woke up bright and early (it seems to be a recent trend-haven't slept past 9:30 at all since I got back from Montreal), bummed around, did some yoga, and made a cheese sandwich, which was delicately placed in a baggy and packed, along with waterbottle and book, into my backpack. Got my act together and went for a hike. Los Penasquitos is quickly becoming my favorite place to go...it's quiet and not that many people hike there, the stream and waterfall provide some great scenery, and it's not uphill or anything (hurray!). Since I've been there last (Jan, with Jerry), spring has steadily begun to take over and it's a different place already. Three cheers for nature.

I didn't make it all the way to the waterfall this time; I decided to stop at the shady glen about two miles in and eat my sammich and let my feet frolic in the stream. It was hot, and my leg was cramping a little, so it's all for the best. Plus, the waterfall was likely a popular spot and not many people can find the shady glen.

While I was there I started to wish I had a picture phone and a moblog, like Shaun, so I could share the nature lovin' with you. Actually, his two most recent pictures appear to have been taken in a similar area to Los Penasquitos...eh? Weird. I saw two woodpeckers and a heron.

Also, I couldn't stop thinking that the shady glen would be a good place to make out with someone. Man, I'm so randy lately. All I can think about it sex. On my way back I was passed by a girl on a bike who gave me the most gorgeous smile. Swoon. Later, a pleasantly scruffy gentleman also on bicycle made eye contact with me for a few seconds and I had to restrain myself from knocking him off his bike and dragging him off into the underbrush for some nookie. Daaaayamn he was fine.

I made it back to my car with out assaulting anyone. ;) Went to the pool to cool off, and now I'm home for what promises to be a super evening. My parents have just left for dinner, which means I have the rare opportunity of an evening alone, sooo nice. I am going to make the Tunisian vegetable stew from my Moosewood cookbook, and listen to Jeff Buckley. And tonight it's just sweet, sweet Adult Swim and some Thin Mints. Ooh baby.