Tuesday, March 09, 2004

who is bored?

i am. and sleepy, because of my 8 AM coaching session for which I awoke at 6:30. I had one of those nights again (actually, it's almost every night), where i'm super tired but falling asleep escapes me. I tossed, turned, and thought blank thoughts, but it took a while. Thus, sleepy today. It is, of course, a beautiful day and I have the option of going swimming or perhaps for an afternoon bike ride, but the sleepy is discouraging me from this. I think perhaps I will go swimming when I am done here, or at least go to the pool and fall asleep in a chair.

I didn't want to jinx it by blogging about it, but it appears I have jinxed it by NOT blogging about it. I'm waiting on a call about a lifeguarding job, at the community pool where us nautical RB Broncos had our swim practices and home meets, and a year later where I worked for the summer as a swim instructor for the little rodents of suburban families. Rick the Dick, thankfully, is no longer the pool manager there. I sauntered over last week to see if they needed lifeguards or at least just get my name in and have an ap on file. It appears that they do, actually, need guards, so lucky me. However. The man has not called me back, and he said he would do so before this past weekend. Should it happen that he does not call during the remainder of today's business hours, I will call him first thing tomorrow.

Getting anxious to hear from Michigan and McGill, and also to find out what egg-sac-tly is up with T-Mobile not getting my last phone bill payment. Grr. I now owe them for two months, but I paid before I left, I swear! Damn you, postal service!!

Muriel Spark is a very funny author. Evidence to such:

"He looked as if he would murder me, and he did." -from "The Portobello Road"

and

"As a provisional measure, I worked it out that either he was mad or that he was not mad." -from "The Playhouse called Remarkable"

Brilliant!