Monday, May 31, 2004

almost famous

Went to Borders tonight and dove into a collection of Adrienne Rich's poetry and prose. Using my guest blogger status at Feministe I present to you my gift of poetry.

At the end there is a little something I wrote. Maybe you can guess who it's about.
Here's one I just wrote, heavily inspired by Ms Rich.
the moon is in her navy sky
the stars flank her as she rises
the palm trees sway and try to hide her
as she flirts shamelessly with the breezes
more and more i find i must
locate said moon in the night
to anchor myself, to feel the joy
cast melancholy from my inner depths
she smiles and comforts me
great goddess of the dark
tides of women and mysterious oceans
are hers to keep from men
gazing on that brilliant sphere i feel-
and fear-the world too great for me
will swallow me up if i cannot find
luna in her castle studded with the heavens
to wrap me up and dry my weeping eyes
and put laughter in my spirit.


I find I can't help but write poetry these days. It's all floating around in my head and there's no one to blame but Nick and Hans. I'd like to see more of both their poetry as well.

Who knows if it's any good or not, but dammit, I like to write it. New stuff usually appears at my livejournal first, if here at all.