Sunday, November 13, 2005

argh, life

This has been a helluva crappy, busy, and rather depressing week. All the major stuff I had to do is finished, but I don't feel good about it. I'm dreading the returns on my efforts next week. FA Paper: not too shabby, but I need to do well in that class for the last push in order to make the grad student passing grade of B. Departmental performance: shaky at best, poorly performed and all in all just short of complete disaster. Okay, no it wasn't that bad. But I still refuse to listen to the tape until...next week or so. Recording project: not good at all. Recording is hard, and on top of that I don't feel good enough about my trombone playing to be happy with the results. I learned a lot about my sound and technique and musicality, but it still stressed me out and wore me down. Worried about what Jan will say.

Stepped in some major holes in the Opera tonight. Felt like a big ol' turd.

Not sure if I'm happy or not. Sometimes I think everything's fine and dandy- a little annoying what with Texas being Texas and all (or, in the case of this week, downright ridiculous and bigoted). Other times, I realize that the unsolved issues are just piling up and up, and I'm not doing myself any good by not talking about them.

Note to self: be better about that.

Note to friends: If you want to talk, call me or something. You know the drill.