Wednesday, October 26, 2005

busy busy busy

Performances:
1. Playing in the community theatre's production of Seussical, the Musical! We had three shows last weekend but you can catch the remaining three- Oct 28 and 29 at 7:30 pm and Sunday Oct 30 at 1:30 pm.

2. Opera rehearsals have started- Verdi's Falstaff. Nov 11, 13, 18 and 20 at 8 pm in UNT's Lyric Theatre. Be there! (Not for all of them, obviously, although if you're totally nuts for Verdian interpretations of Shakespeare, well then, it's all you)

3. The 8 O'Clock Lab band is playing tomorrow at noon in the 1 O'Clock Lounge (possibly my favorite sentence EVER).

4. November 9th I am performing Frank Martin's Ballade in trombone departmental. 12 noon, UNT Concert Hall!

Things that are stressing me out BIG TIME:
1. Recording/Resume project due to Jan November 11th. Have to have 20 minutes of recorded material. Should be sending Jan copies of my resume soon to get revisions for the final turn-in, but have not as of yet done so.

2. Aforementioned departmental performance. My first time playing for the whole studio, and on an ass-hard piece. No pressure!

3. Barrier jury: To be officially "accepted" into UNT as a masters candidate in music performance, I have to rock out (with my proverbial cock out) on my juries. One jury is the Martin plus six excerpts (Bolero, Mahler 3, Hungarian March, Mozart Requiem, Tannhauser, and Ride of the Valkyries), and the other jury is for tunes. I have to know 12 tunes in 12 keys. No sweat, actually, although that not too long ago would have me shitting bricks. Huzzah for improvement!

Things that are of miscellaenous interest:
1. Possible Halloween costume? Only if I work up the gonads to dye my hair. No cheap wigs for that costume. I've wanted to do it for too long to skimp.

2. Possible H'ween costume #2?

3. #3 and #4.

4. Completely AWFUL Halloween costumes. With commentary!

Shameless plug:
1. H'ween party (costume required- or you'll get a loaner and you won't like it!) Saturday Oct 29 at 9:30 pm. Fun activities include: Trick or Treating, Pin Yourself on the Kinsey Scale, and Parades (with cats!)!