Friday, November 16, 2007

friday random ten

Open you MP3 player, select random, blah blah blah.

The "I won't cheat while I'm eating breakfast and skip the classical tracks" Edition

1. Mahler Symphony No 2: Mvt 2: Energisch bewegt- Leonard Bernstein and NYP
2. The Chimbley Sweep - The Decembrists (sheesh, that transition scared the crap out of me)
3. Meyer Concert Duo: Mvt 4 - Josh Bell and Edgar Meyer
4. Basketcase - Green Day
5. Kamikaze - PJ Harvey
6. Fight Test - The Flaming Lips
7. Cigarette - Ben Folds Five
8. I Want A Little Sugar In My Bowl - Nina Simone (timely, Nina, thanks so much)
9. Laura Laurent - Bright Eyes
10. Prokofiev, Cantata for Alexander Nevsky: Alexander's Entry Into Pskov - Leonard Slatkin and STL

Rounding it out with the Leonards, Nice!

As long as we're on the subject of mixes, my annual holiday mix is in the works, and if you're not on Facebook giving me your particular info so you can receive one, please leave a comment with your desires so notated.