Sunday, November 25, 2001

home! (well, second home) i have decided to devote today to the study of music, as i have not done such for several days. but first i have to get over all the obstacles in my way...grr, i can't find my barrettes, i ran out of contact solution, the kitchen smells like cooked spinach which has nearly obliterated my appetite for breakfast, even though i'm devastatingly hungry, my dress can't be exchanged....argh argh argh. oh well. i thought i would complain a little and get it out of my system.

Last night Davis Alex and I had an adventure! We trekked out to serene and historic Marshall (I have no idea if it is either, but bear with me in my attempts at dramatic effect) to witness what might be the last show I Voted For Kodos would ever do. After some minor mishaps regarding not having enough money to get in, we managed to enter this quaint little junior high gymnasium and discover that we were the oldest and most conservatively dressed kids in the room (discounting the chaperones, of course...chaperones!!! hahah). Nevertheless, Kodos put on a good show, but we left at their break because we were tired (now i do feel old). We threw some dodge balls at them from backstage first, and Alex attempted to steal Ross's bass. We played on the (wet) playground equipment for a while (hopscotch! uneven bars! wobbly bridges!) and then headed back to boring old Madison. And that was my evening of ska-filled fun.

I realized when we walked into that gym how much I've changed since high school. Everyone looked so young. A year and a half ago I would have loved it in there. I would have been dressed the part, I would have danced the part...well, now i'm just an old college kid, with my "generic college vest" as Toby coined it, and my flat uninteresting hairdo and all that. Weird! Still, we were the envy of all the kiddies, sauntering up to the stage and saying "hi" to Nick and Ross. hehe...well, Cheers to growing up.