Friday, December 07, 2001

I am now part of a prestigious new drum midwest drum corps! Check out the link at left--it's the 2308 University 12th Lancers! We rock. I'm part of the tenor line and I just have to say:
DRUMLINE RULES! hehe. Now I can be a dick and smoke a lot of pot and disrespect the directors. Of course this is all drummer stereotyping I have carried over from high school and is not true at all of the very diligent and respectable people that make up the country's drumlines. I get to make my own quad set...I'm looking for a bunch of randomly sized coffee cans. I have (chop)sticks and Buster wrote me a solo! Oh yeah. Lancers are the coolest. Go check it out...positions are filling up fast. :)

Friday night and not much to do...not much sleep last night so I took a three hour nap this afternoon and then sat through an hour and a half of the trumpet departmental...both of which have made me feel very much in need of physical activity. Emily and I are considering having a dance party.

Speaking of physical activity, today in BQ Mikey and I invented a new sport. It involves throwing an object at a person with a trashcan on their head, and they have to catch it in the trashcan. I'm not sure what we're going to call it, but believe you me, this new sport will have taken the nation by storm before you know it. Oh yes, just you wait.