Wednesday, October 01, 2003

exciting things for today:
the lifeguarding job FINALLY called for a water test and interview. lord almighty. of course it's not til next week which means if I get the job I probably won't start for like two more weeks after that because they are slow as fuck. i repeat: slow as fuck. (my apologies to my younger readers) Good grief it's been three weeks already since I turned that ap in. And I turned it in on the deadline! Grr. Anyway, I hope I get the job because I need money.

I emailed James Campbell (the new trombone prof at UW) to ask for a lesson when I'm out over Halloween. And he's available...so hurray! Now I can judge for myself if he's hot or not. hehe. Anyway, he was very straightforward in the email, telling me what to bring prepared (generally, like excerpts and solos, and a rochut), and I like that. Now...how does one go about getting offered full rides and assistantships with out asking, like Griffin and Grant do? Oh yeah, you have to be some sort of amaaaazing musician or something. Well guess that counts me out. Ha-rumph.

I am having the hardest time getting out of bed lately. I wake up at a reasonable hour (like 8:30 or 9 or so) and prepare myself to get up and get going...but I just keep falling back asleep! It's not like an "i didn't get enough sleep" feeling. It's more like there's something seriously wrong with me and I'm lethargic and all. Maybe I'm anemic. Hm. Weird.
Anyway, I managed to get up before 10 today and go swimming. For the first time in a few days. So that was nice. I rode my bike there, and it's getting easier to go up those hills.

My Jack anttena ball is missing!! My poor poor Jack who lost all of his facial features except his nose but still valiantly travelled twice across country with me and was loyal to the end. I am sad today, for I have lost a friend. I also have no idea how to spell antena. Antenae? Anttenna. What a weird word. Sigh.

Well, I think I've cooled off enough that I can take a shower. And that sounds mighty appealing.