Thursday, April 08, 2004

more quizzy! quizzy! blaaaaaargh!

I'm feeling uninspired to blog, so I'll just keep quizzing so I don't lose any of my valuable readership. ;) This is the [Bracket Quiz] which I found via The Republic of T.

[Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, find line 4. Write down what it says]

The book nearest me is Julius Caesar, which I have not put away since I referenced it for the Ides of March post. It doesn't have a page "18" so here's what I found on page "xviii":
"..texts so fully dressed. Later texts occasionally show signs of carelessness."

[Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?]

This huge magnifying glass.

[What is the last thing you watched on TV?]

Futurama! Of course.

[With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?]

My dad watching Murder, She Wrote, and any other annoying daytime programming he can find, apparently.

[When did you last step outside?]

Just a few minutes ago, to mail my taxes.

[Before you came to this website, what did you look at?]

At We Have Brains somebody wanted to know where they could find a good feminist or pro choice tshirt to wear to the March. I was looking at the links.

[Did you dream last night?]

I did. One dream involved Hugh Grant in all his goofy, foppish glory, but at the end it turned into some sort of Friday the 13th parody. The other dream I had was about Ryan. Damn you Ryan!! I think Davis was in it too, and she was in a computer animation class where she had to make this picture of Margaret Cho (who was, inexplicably, naked) dance.

[What is on the walls of the room you are in?]

The FISH! (a sailfish, caught by my father in Florida, stuffed and hung on our wall to scare my friends) And the two smaller fish. A clock. Pictures of lighthouses, boats, and birds. This room is nautically themed.

[Seen anything weird lately?]

Ahem.

[What do you think of this quiz?]

It's cool, man, it's cool.

[What is the last movie you saw?]

Theater: Secret Window. TV: Thelma and Louise.

[If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?]

The entire contents of Borders, except for the New Age music section and the girly magazines. I could probably do without the kids section, too. And all the "Going to the Bathroom For Dummies" books.

[If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?]

I'd like to see what the world would be like if the feminist agenda could run basically unchecked. Or, better yet, what the world would be like if there was no patriarchy.

[Do you like to dance?]

Indeed, I do.

[George Bush:]

"The only bush I trust is my own"

[Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?]

Marian. Or Hazel, after my grandma.

[Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?]

Er. Alexander. My favorite boy name ever. (yes Davis, I covet your boyfriend...'s name) And I would use the Russian diminutives as nicknames: Aloysha, Alexey.

That being said, it's unlikely that I'll have children. Not entirely ruling it out, but, there you have it.

[Would you ever consider living abroad?]

Yep. Montreal if I get into McGill. Europe: anywhere. If my plans of music, activism, or anything else I can come up with fail, I'll be a bhikkuni in Dharmasala, India. ;)