Monday, May 03, 2004

it's bloody hot

Ugh.

It's like walking out onto a parking lot in the desert with the fumes rising up from the blacktop and the wind just making it worse because it's blowing warm air in your face.

That's right. It's blacktop hot.

Looks like tomorrow it'll go back to being spring. Thank goodness- I'm not yet prepared for a southern California summer after four years of adjusting to the humidity and fickle-temperatured Midwest. There ain't thunderstorms out here to cool you off every other week, folks, it's just plain HOT all the time.

Not that I mind it. I love HOT. Love it. Because my birthday's in the dead center of it all, in the middle of beach-season, dark-room-lying around, sweating like crazy over your beer on the backporch weather. And my birthday, as we all know, is a special event.

It's just that...I like spring too, and I'm not ready to give up the flawless 75 degree days feeling fresh and frisky. I'm not ready to be sluggish and languid. Not yet. I've still got to buy summer clothes, shorts and skimpy tops. Flowy hippy skirts. Give me another month, please, San Diego. Just one more month.