Sunday, June 13, 2004

satisfy your inner geek

A new museum has opened in Seatle. Ladies and Gentlemen: the Science Fiction Museum and Hall of Fame.

squee. They even include Futurama:
The museum explores developments in fictional space travel; one of the coolest sections is an interactive, computer-animated display that mimics a space station. Several ships float past, from the Enterprise and the Millennium Falcon to the Planet Express of the cartoon TV show "Futurama." Visitors can view images of the ships from any angle, learn about their dimensions and features, and see clips of them in action.


As I am currently unearthing my childhood love of fantasy and science fiction, I am incredibly tempted to make a trip to Seattle just to see this place. Oh, and the rest of Seattle as well.

Also, I, Robot is now a movie, set for release July 16th. I just might have to see that...gee, Will Smith likes his sci fi movies, doesn't he?