Friday, July 02, 2004

friday! july! i love july!

I'm in a better mood, Sunday's the fourth of July, my birthday is in 19 days, I leave for Texas in 25, hurray!

I'd been a bad mood all week mostly because of work, because I was working non stop, I hadn't worn dry clothes for seven days, and people at work were being petty and dramatic. Today I thought, "fuck this" and shrugged it all off. My buddy Mike came back from vacation and I was so happy to see him I gave him a big wet-out-of-the-pool hug and I realized, I haven't been genuinely, truly hugged in forever. Everyone needs hugs. He was happy to see me, too, and I could cry from the joy of having someone be happy to see me. You never miss it til it's gone.

I don't know if I'll be blogging that much in the next few weeks; my work schedule is still fairly insane and I've got lots of packing and planning to do. As Davis mentioned in my comments, however, it is possible that the different environment of Texas will encourage my snark and feminist wit. Look forward to that.

I'll leave you with something I delight in: the thrill of coincidences. For example:

As my kids and I played noodle races today I mentioned that anything goes, you can sabotage your opponents by stealing their noodle, dunking them, or squirting water through the hole. One of my boys loved the word "sabotage" so much he kept repeating it for the rest of the lesson. Official word of the weekend.

When I went out to my car to go home, what song should be on the radio but the Beastie Boys, "Sabotage."

I love it when life does that.