Monday, March 26, 2001

Woo. What a day. What a long interesting day.
So, unless you're from RB and were in CYO, you'll probably not be interested in what I have to say next.

What's so exciting, fellow CYOers? Well, we had our trombone studio departmental tonight, and afterwards this guy was talking to Bill whom struck me as sooo familiar. I went to go tell Sean and Miah that they rocked (because they did) when Bill called me over and said, hey, you should talk to this guy, he's from San Diego. So I'm thinking, ok, so I'm getting closer to recognizing him. Introductions, hi, I'm Lauren, Hi, I'm Mark. WHOA! You were in CYO!!! I sat next to you!! Hey! How's it going? Meanwhile, Bill's like, ooooookay...so he left and we talked about Mike Muna and Melissa Pina and Aaron Westfall, which was soooo weird because I'm the middle of WISCONSIN...I'm not supposed to know anyone who knows anyone I know from home which is halfway across the country....my mind was boggled. Anyway, he was in town because he goes to Oberlin and his gf lives in Deforest, WI, so they just decided to stop by and hear some trombone playing. He said to me, and this was an awesome thing to say but I'm not so sure how true it was: "If i remember your playing correctly, you could have made it into Oberlin piece of cake." !!!!!!!! wow. That's a nice nice nice thing to say. So, We exchanged email and phone and the essentials...It's so weird. It's SOOOO weird. I'm still in complete shock. Yipes.

Anyway, that's my major news. Everything else is the same: I'm tired, I've got lots of Buddhism reading (but actually not that much because I got semi-caught up this past weekend). Finally had Inspector Gadget rehearsal, made a rhythmic fool of myself in quintet, tbone 4tet is wednesday morning and i'm looking forward to it. I should go get my laundry. I might have more to say later. I might not. Don't wait up. ;)