Monday, May 21, 2001

WOOOHOOO!!

What an exciting morning. It's not even noon yet and things are happening!!! My mom woke me up at 8 to take her to work, after which I promptly went back to bed for another hour...and then another half an hour, from which I was woken by my phone ringing (it was one of those surreal moments where you're not really sure what's going on and the phone seems like just another part of a dream). The person on the other end of the phone was the person from the City of Madison---I got the lifeguarding job! Hurray! I'm missing all the training sessions, but I have to make them up when I get back. No problem. Next stop, checking my email (since I've been cruelly forced out of bed twice, a third time falling asleep might be ill-fated). Bonnie Abrams sent me a note about a swimming instructor job she found in the paper and----her son is conducting a musical this summer and needs trombonists. What's the musical? Ah. Ahem. Oooooh. Guess. It's my favorite ever. It surpasses all musicals and then some, and not just because Frank was in the movie version. It made me dance about with joy the first time I saw it. It made me dance about, again with joy, this time mixed with pleasant surprise and excitement, when I saw those three fateful words in Bonnie's email. You have several hints. Guess. oh...what the hell. ON THE TOWN!!!!!!! Hurray! Hurray!
Needless to say, I emailed him right away. Another cool part is that he needs another 'bonist...and there are a lot of us crazy kids in town this summer. Collin, Erin, Emily, Beatriz, Jason, Sean....what fun if any of them were to do it! (i have my reasons for wanting a particular one...but the reason is very secret and must not be mentioned...)

alright..enough babbling about bernstein. i need to take a shower. (phew-ie!)