Sunday, August 19, 2001

argh, life:

JeanV999: But you do need that complication to make life a little more complete, though!
Llama721: the roller coaster of life has not yet seen fit to throw a complicated romance curve into my riding enjoyment. call it bad feng shui, what you will.
JeanV999: *lol* Very poetically put.
Llama721: perhaps there is a wastepaper basket in my love life corner
JeanV999: Yes, and then maybe the shredder of heartbreak will be unplugged off the wall?
Llama721: indubitably
JeanV999: Get it off you, really, just find somebody that you can have a decent time with, take the plunge, then dump him if you want, and it will really feel like you got through an important part of life, even if it's a little artificial
Llama721: look, i'd love to, really.
Llama721: it's not like i'm not trying
JeanV999: But you DO sound upset :-)
Llama721: i just get frustrated because EVERYONE, not just you, darling, fawns about how wonderful and fun i am and how oh dear, why doesn't she have a boyfriend? and it just works exactly the wrong way in my head
Llama721: because that's all great and wonderful but let's face the truth here, people, they aren't lining up at my door or anything.

Hans then goes on to say that, once again, he doesn't understand why the above statement isn't so. And that, given the opportunity, yes, he would sleep with me. Thanks Hans. I do appreciate it and I am not insulted about anything. I entirely agree, life is nothing if not thoroughly infused with "complications" and we'd never learn anything if it wasn't. As it is I am tired of watching my friends deal with "complications" and I would like a shot at my own.

and so on. ha-rumph.