Sunday, October 19, 2003

and now, it's time for a breakdown...

Well, let's see. I don't have too much to say, except that I did have a fairly good weekend. Last night I hung out with Adam, and got drunk. Yay! How exciting. Well I am a certified lightweight as of now, and I need a few more nights with Adam to get me back on the drinking track. Seriously though, it was a fun time. Watched A Mighty Wind, which was pretty funny. Sampled some of what San Diego has to offer in microbrews, and missed Wisconsin. It wasn't bad though. Just not Berghoff. :)

Today I learned how to convert a midi file into notation on Cakewalk. Adam from Googaloo has promised to give me a copy of the program so I can start doing it myself, and contribute some new songs to the band. I'm thinking about arranging David Bowie's Fame, although I can't seem to find any midi files that sound even close to the original. Even for a midi file. Anyway, I am proud of my newfound knowledge and I think I will make good use of it!

Well that's me. I am looking forward to my trip to Madison--less than two weeks now!Consequently, Davis' blog today sums up a lot. I empathize, and I wish I could offer some advice. I could use some myself! *sigh* To quote Coldplay: "nobody said it was easy, no one ever said it would be this hard."