Monday, October 13, 2003

in which i am not wearing underpants

ahhhhhh

I have just returned from another satisfying rendezvous with the sex-in-shower-head-form. Oh WaterPik showerhead, you are indeed a marvelous creation. Thanks ever so for the relaxation of my cranky neck muscles and pesky shoulder knots. I do praise thee, thou art glorious.

Today I am feeling like my trombone playing is a little out of control. I think this embouchure thing is going to take a long time to get better. Mostly I just feel like I'm getting a hollow sound and my lips aren't comfortable at all. Also my high range sounds like complete crap and very forced. GRR. Well, perservance is the name of the game right now. Just so.

Tomorrow I have my first coaching session, and I'm a little nervous. Well the thing is I not really sure what to do. I don't have any fun music and I don't know if we're working on band stuff, or if I'm supposed to bring stuff in, or what. Hm. I've decided to copy some simple warmup stuff and little tunes from Arban and if we're not working on band music then we'll do that. It's only forty minutes, and I think I should be able to find things to work on with young trombonists. Eep.