Thursday, December 18, 2003

and...i'm spent

as in, I have spent all my money and am done with my Pay Homage to Capitalism shopping. Oops, I mean Christmas shopping. I only have one thing left to do, besides buy stocking presents (which does not come out of my pocket), which is make my mom a journal using the instructions for said product I found in the latest issue of Bust.

For my father, I stumbled upon a great deal in the form of all three Myst computer games (enhanced special edition) at Target (Target, what haven't you done for me?) for $19.99. I am hoping this will provide him with some daytime entertainment other than reruns of Murder, She Wrote and Perry Mason. If he doesn't use it, hell, I will. Can't go wrong with a good computer game.

Dad will also be receiving golf-related materials, such as balls and towels. Because this is the only thing that really pleases him.

For my mother, the Two Towers DVD. And the journal.

I did buy some stocking presents. For me, an Onion page a day desk calendar, Princess Bride DVD (again, only $10 at Target), and weekly planner which I have already started to use but will wrap anyway and acted surprised at upon "receiving." For my mom, a scented candle and Bob Seger CD. For my dad, Mystic River (the book). I need to get one more present for my mom and two for my dad. Relatively painless this year.

By the way, I am posting in hopes that my blog will show up again when I load it. It is not, currently, doing so; all I am getting is a white screen. It has made me notice how well those Google ads know me though, what with an advertisement for Thomas Edition horn mutes (much more applicable for Davis or Bethany) and at one point I remember seeing Bach brass instruments listed. Bach is making terrible horns right now, but whatever.