Saturday, March 13, 2004

fahmer's mahket

Yesterday I had meant to go to the RB Farmer's Market to buy a bouquet of flowers for my mom and some of that delicious wonderful exquisite heavenly salsa (yes folks, it's that good). However, at 3 pm, when I actually remembered I had intended to go, it was too late. So, it being my mom's day off, I took her to the one in Poway, which worked out, as she paid for everything. The salsa lady was not there, unfortunately, but there was a hummus man. And he was cute. At least, I got some sort of culturally significant dipping sauce. I am content. We ended up with two bouquets-one of daffodils (my second favorite!) and the other an assorted mix of stargazer lilies (reminds me of Jerry, happy), roses, cosmos and daisies.

And...hallelujah...it's strawberry season. I am doing the Toyota jump right now- because I love what you do for me, strawberries.

Before we headed home we made a stop at a nursery to pick up some herbs so that I will not have to keep buying huge bunches of things like cilantro and parsley and having most of it go bad because I only need like one stalk of it. I feel very very very bad when that happens. Very. Thus, it would be more efficient and better for my general happiness if I started to grow herbs. We got two kinds of parsley, italian and the regular old tooth-cleaning kind, cilantro, thyme, rosemary, garlic cloves, sweet basil, and sweet marjoram (how do you say it? my mom says "marajam" but me, I learned to read phonetically so I'm doubtful of this). Dug up one of our side gardens and planted them with hopes that they will flourish and cheapen my weekly visits to Henry's. Huzzah!

Weekends kill me. Especially when I'm looking for a job and have to wait two whole days before I can pester managers again to hire me, meanwhile my bank account threatens to die of asphyxia. Holding out on the airlines to lower prices on flights to DC next month makes me nervous, but I'm giving it one more week...Davis, what's your decision? Today I'm meeting Cara, who commented back on my post about IWD hoping to have someone to travel with to the March. We're going to split the cost of a hotel, which is perfect. Speaking of which...time to wipe the garden dirt from my face and get spiffied up.