Monday, May 10, 2004

your random lorn goodness, for monday

It must be something in the water: All three of my private swim lessons today were cancelled due to sickness. At first I thought this was a remarkable coincidence, then I remembered that Lorin and Dana have both been sick since last week, and THEN I started to feel a little scratchy-throat ickiness. Plus headache, plus lack of energy= unhappy Lorn. Popping the echinacea, and the Halls Defense.

I'm very disappointed that they took out the fun curvy right turn ramp that took you conveniently from Twin Peaks Rd to Community Rd. It's just your average whitebread right turn lane now, dime a dozen. It made my trip to Henry's all the more fun, and plus, who among us can say that swoopy ramp driving is not the best part of having a license? I can't; I still get excited when I get on the 78 from the 15 and go over the fun roller coaster bridge. When I find a new off/on ramp with that particular je ne sais quoi, that I have not previously enjoyed, I get positively giddy. I'm so weird.

I love that I can buy everything I usually get, plus a handful of impulse buys, at Henry's and still manage to keep the tab under $55. All the fresh, organic veggies you could want, plus bulk cereal, plus the best cranberry juice around, plus super good Colby Jack cheese, plus low fat flour tortillas= very content and well-fed Lorn (for several weeks).

I always seem to be at Henry's at the same time as the "Heart Starts Beating at Eight Weeks" bumperstickered car lady.

Not having swim lessons today meant that I:
-Washed my car (it's going to rain)
-reorganized my room and folded clothes (wow!)
-cleaned my bathroom
-paid my bills
-cashed my tax refund and paycheck
-lounged
-washed sheets and towels
-lounged more
-napped.

91X, stop playing that bloody "Mexican Radio" song. I get it. You broadcast out of Mexico. It's cheaper. That's why you have the Spanish lady in between commercials, and why you play the Mexican national anthem at midnight. Along with, might I add, every other goddamn radio station in San Diego.

Also, you are not the "cutting edge of music" if you are owned by Clear Channel. You're trying hard, I admit, and you're playing some hip stuff, but stop fooling yourself. Take a tip from 94.9; once I heard them play Bjork. And Tori Amos. Although, I have to admit their "It's about the music" commercial gets on my nerves like crazy. Why are all these radio stations so damn proud of themselves?

Pad thai, or mixed veggie stir fry? Such a dilemma.