Monday, July 26, 2004

anticipate

From Righteous Babe:
SHOW CANCELLATION – JULY 27TH IN SAN DIEGO

Due to the recent passing of Ani’s father, she will not being playing at the State Open Air Theater on July 27th. Unfortunately, this show cannot be rescheduled, and refunds will be available at the point of purchase. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes those of you who have purchased tickets and truly appreciate your understanding at this time.


Much love to Ani and her family. How could you not be sad for Ani, and understand her needs?

I can't help but want to cry a little. This was my big sendoff from San Diego, my farewell present to myself, my soundtrack for the long highway ahead. I've been preparing for weeks by listening almost exclusively to Ani. I've been thinking about it constantly, anxious, on the edge of my proverbial seat.

Because of this my mom and I are leaving tomorrow afternoon instead of Wednesday morning. We're going as far as Tucson, then on to Albuquerque the next day. That will give us a little more leisure time to get there, and more time with Megan. Arrival in Plano still estimated Thursday around 6.

If I don't get a chance to blog tomorrow (I have two swim lessons and a lot of stuff to arrange in my car), this will be it until I a)get internet connection and a computer in Texas (or use Chris's) or b)find a public library to mooch off of. Therefore, I bid you a warm coupla days until I am online again, take care of yourselves and don't do anything I wouldn't do.

Want to guest blog?