Tuesday, July 06, 2004

oh, all the things i could have been doing

On your current playlist, hit shuffle and pick the first twenty songs on the list (no matter how cheesy or embarrassing), and write down your favorite line of the song. Try to avoid puting the song title in the line. Then have your friends comment and see if they know the songs! (stolen from Jane)

1. "My heart went cold and only hollow rhythms resounded from within"
2. "He was wined and speeched and honored, everybody shook his hand"
3. "What kind of scale compares the weight of two beauties: the gravity of duties, or the groundspeed of joy?"
4. "Land, land of liberty we're run by a constipated man, when you live in the past you refuse to see when your daughter comes home nine months pregnant"
5. "They'll beat him up until the teardrops start, he can't be wounded cuz he's got your heart"
6. "Your head will collapse if there's nothing in it"
7. "I want you always to remember for me, baby if you can, how much you hated the woman who made you a man"
8. "Someday, we'll put it together and we'll get it all done"
9. "I am your failed husband contender, I'm your loan shark of bliss"
10. "The sea takes us back too quickly, and I'm far from grounded. Now's the time to sail before the last tree falls"
11. "His wicked sense of humor, suggests exciting sex"
12. "If I don't find it this time, then I'm better off dead"
13. "The song is ended, but as the songwriter wrote, the melody lingers on"
14. "Nowhere is no escape, only flailing arms and bellyaches
When it all started coming down, fight, or did you run and hide?"
15. "Please, let me forget all those sweet smiles, all of the passion, all of the peace, the heat, the pain"
16. "And your hair is so dirty, it makes you look like you're thirty!"
17. "Political incapatability lead to their downfall"
18. "And her conscious lit a cigarette, and just stood there, waiting for her to crack, waiting for her to fall"
19. "I'd love to live in Paradise, I love my brothers on a Saturday night"
20. "For when she thought of summer rain calling for her mind again, she lost the pain and stayed for more."