Friday, March 30, 2001

arrgh
blogger was down yesterday and so I apologize for the lack of random thoughts eminating from this direction. It's probably a good thing because yesterday was a BAD DAY. It started out bad, middle was kind of depressing, and well, I guess it ended alright but I still went to bed too late (and despite the fact that my 8:50 was cancelled I still got up too early), super tired and ready to chuck school and trombone and responsibility out the window (my trombone and I had a little spat yesterday. We talked today, though, and it's going to be okay)

But, today is friday!! And it should be an entertaining night. I know for sure Davis and Chris are coming, along with various members of the Tuba-Euph ensemble. When they get here, I'm firing up the wok for some good Lauren-style stir fry. That's going to be a lot of food. But it'll be fun! I should have told Ian to bring wine, when he asked if I need anything. Arrrgh. Oh well...should probably be sober for the Wisconsin Brass Quintet recital ;)
One of the greatest natural highs is playing bass trombone or tuba, man. I played bass for about two hours today. In quintet we did Promise of Living twice through the really loud part, and right in the middle of the trombone-tuba melody everything started spinning and I think my body and my consciousness were trying very hard to go opposite directions from each other. Unfortunately both of those directions involved the floor and I had to do some serious breath control in order to get back with it. Sweet. I'm still feeling the effects of oxygen overdose.

Man, having Megan in history class today would have been fun. Even though she claims (hmm) that she can't do the goat noise anymore, there was some serious sheep discussion revolving around the Strauss tone poem Don Quixote. mmmaaa!!! So, Megan, what do you say? ;)
anyway, I'd better prepare for the stir fry herd. More later!