Monday, June 24, 2002

Ah yes! a typical humid hot wisconsin summer day. I love summer. no really, I do! Lots of relaxation. and I can finally cross off my list that email to Stoner that I've been putting off for a month. For the weekend I went to Jerry's hometown near La Crosse, Galesville. I had a super good time. We went to the wedding of one of his old high school teachers, hung out, played with cats, and just basically had a good time. Today I am free of work because the pool has some problem...anyway there is no water in it so no one can swim!! hehe. Tomorrow I only have to do one shift, the evening one. So this is a nice break. I'm hoping to contrive some other ways of making my working days shorter for the rest of the summer. ;)

Practicing is going pretty well. I am hopefully taking my horns down to Elkhorn sometime soon for repairs, and then Bernard will stop being annoying with the loose screw and Bianca will finally have her chem bath.

I almost feel like going to the SERF to swim...since I work every shift I never have more than 20 minutes in the water...but I imagine it will be incredibly crowded because the Nat is closed. Ah well.

I recently read a book that has put a lot of my obscure thoughts into words, and expanded on them quite a good deal. I recommend it: Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins. It makes me what to go live in the wilderness somewhere, deny civilization and lead a happy and enlightened life in the environs of nature.

just so, it is time for dinner :)