Saturday, October 04, 2003

well it was saturday night, i guess that makes it alright

what makes me quote prince you ask? well maybe i'll try out putting titles on my blogs, for fun.

anyway, last night i had a long talk with dan which was nice, and then today i talked to josh chappie. i had heard that josh was in town and i thought hey, why not, who needs a social life? (lorn) Anyway I am working on finding as big a posse as I can to descend upon the Youngblood show next weekend. I am so excited, I can't wait. What an incredibly awesome band.

went to the mall, bought some tshirts and my mom was kind enough to buy me a new watch. my old dear watch disappeared somewhere between my car and the terminal at the Milwaukee Airport. Well that made me very sad, so I got the exact same watch. hehe.

practicing is going rather well today, and I'm happy. I went to the OTJ (online trombone journal) and posted about my frustrations with embouchure and all, and someone wrote back with the advice to tighten my corners, they might be loose from playing bass and not readjusting when I played tenor. So I tried that out, and low and behold...well I'm very grateful. I have to start working up all the grad school stuff, and also have something to play for Campbell in a month. Frustrated as I am with my bass playing, I've decided to put it aside until after grad school auditions, or at least until I feel I can play my tenor again comfortably and not screw things up. I'm sad about this; I love Bernard dearly. But I definitely need to focus on this one big thing and really work hard, and he's going to make that difficult.

i am hungry. i desire to eat.