Sunday, October 05, 2003

who's lazy ass? my lazy ass!

That's right, it's 1:17 pm and I am still in my pajamas! In fact, I only just officially got out of bed! (well I got out of bed from like 10-11 but I was so confused about what to do with myself that I went back to bed in hopes of starting over)

I'm trying to work out my day schedule. You see, I am now forced into leaving the house in my car because I told a little white lie to my neighbor lady. Janet is old and infirm and requires much of her neighbors: drive her to this hair appointment, pick up this box, unhook this bra (that last one is a little disconcerting, but actually not altogther gross or intimidating). Anyway she wanted me to go to a movie with her, but I said I had rehearsal. I'm not really opposed to free movies you see. Some part of me resents that she's seen through me: here is another human being who is lonely and desires social interaction. Mostly I just don't want to drive her around, help her with every little thing, and make conversation about her weak arm getting stronger since she broke it. Make sense? I actually don't mind doing these things too much but today I am particularily full of self-pity and lazy-assness.

I would like to do some of the following:
Have the same kind of great day practicing that I did yesterday
Swim
Buy blank cds so I can raid the library and start burning that shit up (here is a new wealth of free classical and jazz cds)
clean my bathroom
organize and complete my bulk mailing to middle schools about private lessons
take the online practice GRE

You may notice that only two of these require me to leave the house. So I'm in quite a pickle here (you see I wouldn't mind about the leaving, it's just that sometimes I get the spooky feeling she sits in her living room window and waits for signs of life from her neighbors so she can call them and demand they pick up a bottle of wine for her), but I think this is what will be done:

I will warmup, maybe even do a little extended practicing, then clean my bathroom, then clean myself up a little (not too much) and leave to buy blank cds. I will take my suit and towel with me and go swimming after I have done so, and then come home and do the other stuff. This way I will have been gone about an hour and a half, which should be acceptable.

Okay. remember folks, always tell the truth, and you won't have to make exceptions for yourself.