Thursday, November 13, 2003

now that's just cruel...

I flipped to FM 92.1 on my car radio dial, expecting to hear their usual dose of bad popular rock/punk, and instead got KSON. Country. They turned an independent rock station into a country station? WTF, mate? Think of all the poor San Diegans (mostly males, aged 14-30) who are crying into their pillows today because they can no longer hear the latest Puddle of Mudd. Instead they were forced to listen baffled to 30 seconds of Toby Keith or what have you before they regained the presence of mind to switch to the safety of 91X. This is a travesty, I tell you. There is now a great hole in the middle of what was once the "Great 90s" for when you press seek from 91X you have to go all the way up to 94.9 before you get even some semblance of rock music. Even 93.3 in the middle cannot quell the sorrow, for its collection of bad hiphop and top 40 is no match for the giant that has today fallen, 92.1. Oh the humanity!!!

Actually, despite the dripping sarcasm, I am a little sad, and I'm wondering if they've relocated on the dial. It was one of the last radio stations in SD that wasn't a Clear Channel ass-whupped media mouthpiece. *Sigh* Well, I'll continue with my practice of recycling my tapes of Beatles albums through my tape deck. Maybe even pull out the time-tested En Vogue "Funky Divas" album. And shed a tear, just like that Native American guy did when we trashed his land. Or not.