Wednesday, November 12, 2003

well, ain't the internet something?

Margaret Cho has a blog. Kick ass, man! She is so damn hilarious.

I had a funny thought this morning while I was lying in bed waiting for my uncle to be done with the bathroom so I could pee. You know how sometimes guys'll have contests seeing who can grow the best beard? I think women should start having "Best Leg Hair" or "Best Armpit Hair" contests. I think that would be hilarious and maybe even help teach people that woman hair is NOT bad. Plus, you wouldn't get those nasty red shaving bumps for a while.

Well I did promise that I would revise my manifesta. I'm still working on it. Unfortunately right now I have to concentrate on a lot of other things- getting my applications done, writing my personal statement, studying for the GRE, and planning my late December recital. Perhaps somewhere in there I will take a break and get all bitchy again. Sweet.

I am still waiting to hear about this stupid lifeguarding job. I hope it's today, although I have a sinking feeling that they will not hire me. If they do not, I will go ahead and take that Cuban band gig in TJ. Hey, why not? It's money baby, and it gets me out of the house three days a week. Plus it gets me out of doing the terrible terrible youth band thing that I agreed to do. Wait-okay, it's not that terrible. The only terrible thing about it is the two people running it. Mostly Don, the old guy. As I mentioned to Felicia, if you're shakin' you ain't got no place keeping time. Also, "ready, play" doesn't always work so hot. And I get the feeling that Betsy's kind of insane. She gave me like eight hugs in the two hours I was there. The kids are great, and Kyle and Tea seem nice. I think you could do a lot with the band, and it just isn't happening because you can only milk so much knowledge of music out of the same four armed forces marches. (Not to mention my immediate distaste for the glorification of the armed forces and also marches in general)

*sigh* Well, I've got to put together this packet for Profs Smith and Richardson, so they can recommend me into a good music program. ASU is pissing me off for not getting directly back to me with simple information, such as APPLICATION DATES and whether or not recommendation letters are REQUIRED. Fuck fuck fuck. The problem is I really do want to go there, as it is one of my top choices and all. So I don't want to screw up the application. Unfortunately the website has the honor of being extremely uninformative. Typical. Okay, enough bitching, fuck them, I'm going to Montreal, baby! yeah!