Sunday, November 30, 2003

today in local news, a social life loomed on the horizon...

...but experts are expecting that it should pass shortly after the holidays. Stay tuned for updates on the phenomenon's progress through the city and how it will effect you.

Between seeing Bela on Tuesday, talking to Megan for four+ hours on Thursday, having the girls over Friday night, and bowling last night, yes, I am a girl in demand. Or rather, I am demanding that people demand me. Excellent.

Last night Chappie called and invited me to come to 11-1 two dollar bowling at the dear old high school haunt, the Poway Fun Bowl (oh Fun Bowl, how do I love thee). I skipped over after work, bowled about seven frames, and was rudely interrupted by our lane being turned off. Apparently it only goes until 12:30 now. Oh well, at some point in there Dave and Steve showed up, and we packed up and went to Dennys (oh Dennys, how do I love thee). The group, Dave, Steve, Shaun, and Josh, hasn't changed much. They are still silly and random. I enjoyed myself immensely, and it was good to talk to Dave again (is it possible for a mouth to get bigger with age?). Since we broke up (holy five and a half years ago) I've forgotten most of what he's actually like and how our relationship must have been.

Outside of parenthetical side comments on my budding social life, I really don't have too much to say about it. Between this and work, and going to TJ next weekend (hurrah!), I think I will have something resembling a busy schedule. Maintaining trombone playing is the biggest challenge and I definitely need it! Quitting JCP after the holidays should help out a little. I do want to do a recital but I am decidedly slacking in the preparations department. I think I have my pieces almost ready, but as to location, and pianist, um, yeah, and date...well I promise that if you were thinking about visiting for my recital I will keep you posted (This edition of "wink wink nudge nudge" is dedicated to Jason).

Tired. These have been late nights for poor little old me, especially when usually I've been sleeping until a leisurely 10:30 and leisurely putzing around until noon at which point I get down to the business of leisurely practicing and surfing the internet. Well, I hate to stop boring you with the details, but I must. Time to get ready for work.