Monday, January 26, 2004

tired old chops!

I just ran my audition program, minus excerpts. I did work on some little spots that were rough, but mostly I was just doing it to see if I could. See if I have stamina for this concert tour I'm doing next month. :)

I made it. I couldn't play the high Cs in the Stevens Sonata but I didn't get the low note crap or crazy fracking issue due to fatigue. I feel good. I have earned chai!

Therefore, I am off to Borders to get chai and read some more of Cunt by Igna Muscio. Yay, vulvas!

I hope everyone had a super Monday. How was your Monday? Did you make a new friend? Have a good lunch? Was the weather nice or crappy. Let me how your day was, I'd love to know. Mine, it was good. I coached at Ramona, and taught the freshman to double tongue. I impressed them with how fast I could do it, and it made them respect me a little more which was definitely called for. The tuba player, David, and I woodshedded scales because of his difficultly associating fingerings with notes. A minor problem. :) It was good though, and I was hard on him. I'm learning tuba fingerings fast and I like it. Now to get my hands on a tuba...
Also, it was a nice day and I ate a tuna sandwich. Hurray!

Peace and love to all y'all.