Saturday, March 20, 2004

dammit i burned the popcorn!!

Lazy me, I have all the ingredients for a supposedly delicious stew, and I just can't get up the urge to put them all together. And I do this every night. Soon, my cabbage will go bad, the tomatoes are already sketch (that's okay, I don't have to use them...eww, tomatoes!), the potatoes will start growing, and my bell pepper will rot.

First night I was going to make it I found that my mom had eaten the potatoes. Two nights ago I went to make it and I couldn't find my ginger root. Today, my mom found it, sitting in a puddle of peach iced tea that was leaking out of the container. Now all the ingredients are present but...eh. Yes. I feel eh about cooking. Maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow will be the absolute last day I can use that cabbage. The thing is, I selected this recipe because I used cabbage for another stew and I didn't want the rest of it to go to waste. Looks like I'm just a loser.

Passing the time until I go party with Blather, which is the band belonging to Chappie, Haber, Dave, and this guy Julien that I met once (kinda cute, eh?). I'm supposed to be totally hard at work on horn charts for them.

So, just sitting, eatin' my half-burnt popcorn, laughing (sadly) at my dog, who can't control his hindlegs anymore while walking on slick surfaces and just crashed majorly on the plastic beside the computer chair. Poor Chipper. He's not long for this world, so I try to spend as much time as I can stand his bad breath giving him some attention.

While I brush my teeth and tart myself up, here's the first 10 songs to play at random on my realone player for your enjoyment of my impeccable musical tastes:
1. Bilal-Soul Sista (Shakin' the boot-ay)
2. Brad Melhdau-London Blues (This guy sounds just like Dave Brubeck, Jerry!*sarcasm*)
3. Ruben Gonzales-Tumbao (Ruben is the cutest old man, ever)
4. Youngblood Brass Band-Culture: Envy: War (Ain't no party like a YB party. Seriously.)
5. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds- Crow Jane (This CD scares me. Moving on)
6. Sergei Prokofiev/Issac Stern/Philadelphia-Violin Concerto No 1 Mvt 1 Andantino (pretty, but too long. Let's skip to...)
7. Beck-Debra ( Yes!! Going out to the Billings Point girls, I said ladies, step inside my Hyundai)
8. Modest Mussorgsky/Philharmonia Orchestra-Pictures at an Exhibition Promenade/Il Vecchio Castillo (Orchestral literature's best saxophone solo)
9. Ben Folds Five-Underground (I was never cool in school either, Ben. Let's rock!!)
10. Joni Mitchell-Morning Morgantown (let's take in down a knotch. Everyone sway with me!)