Friday, March 19, 2004

the friday five

If you...

1. ...owned a restaurant, what kind of food would you serve?

I would open a 24 hour breakfast place on State Street (or nearby) in Madison, WI. How many times have you wanted breakfast, dear Badgers, but Sunroom was no longer serving and Cleveland's was oh-so-far-away? Also, because sometimes you just gotta have breakfast for dinner. You just gotta. (Although, that place in Montreal was sketch-definitely sketch)

2. ...owned a small store, what kind of merchandise would you sell?

Feminist bookstore, all the way.

3. ...wrote a book, what genre would it be?

Likely non-fiction, some sort of analysis or thesis-y type thing. Although, I would write science fiction in a heartbeat if I could come up with some cool ideas.

4. ...ran a school, what would you teach?

I've toyed with the idea of a feminist-inspired school (co-ed) that would be based on principles of equality, etc. More discussion-run classrooms, proper sex ed, co-ed sports, hands-on stuff, real history lessons with emphasis on societal factors (racism, sexism, etc) that make history the way it is, etc. My music program would include a solid ear-training technique, conducting skills, composition, musicology, etc. Conservatory-like.

5. ...recorded an album, what kind of music would be on it?

My totally kick-ass brass quintet, playing classics, arrangements a la Rhythm and Brass , and my David Bowie Fame-Golden Years-Fashion medley.

On a totally unrelated note, I had Futurama dreams last night. I was Leela, and Fry and I finally got together. It was very sweet and I woke up all warm and fuzzy. I must say I don't think I've ever dreamed in cartoon before. I highly recommend it.