Friday, March 19, 2004

exciting news, everyone!!

Last night I made it to Level 4 ("Labyrinth Zone") of Sonic the Hedgehog!!!

Of course, some of you who are not aware of the legendary Sega machine that is in my possession are like "Wha?" because you beat that game back when you were thirteen and moved on to better and brighter gaming systems.

Well, I stopped (and began, for that matter) with my Sega, which I saved up the money to buy, and for which I have 5 games (two of them given to me by Jerry last year). I have beaten only one of them, and that is The Lion King. I had the help of one Ms. Sarah Morgan, and we celebrated joyously after tossing Scar over the cliff and taking our rightful place in the Circle of Life. Twas a beauteous day.

On Sonic I could never get past the second act of the second level.

When I finally did (last year, aged 21), I died consistently when the guy, at the end, that you have to fight, would spike me. I can't even remember his name, if indeed I ever knew it.

Well, last night I beat that sucka into the mofuckin' ground! I blew his shit up! Yeah! Oh wait, I have to do it again at the end of the next level. Fuck.

The Labyrinth level is a happy little place with drill-nosed bear creatures and underwater adventures. Sonic makes a cute little sound when he gets air from the air bubbles. The music is even more delightfully 80s than the previous levels. All in all, an enjoyable time.

And, you'll be happy to note, I am well on my way to defeating this level as well (I made it nearly to the end of act three with the fighting and the devilish guy before a trident killed me because I had no rings--that happens often, the lack of rings), so I will notify you of my entry into level five and the pleasures hidden therein.

Also, if anyone could please tell me just how many levels there are, I'd be grateful.