Thursday, May 20, 2004

dallas update

I'm flying to DFW next Wednesday, staying through Friday, to do interviews and choose my schools for the fall.

I'm so bloody excited!

I keep thinking about it, about having a steady job and income (steady is all that I really need, not glorious mountains of money), about having a kick-ass roommate in Chris, about finally being free financially of my parents for real.

It's exhilarating!

So far, I have three interviews set up, and hopefully more; I know there's one other band director left to contact me for sure.

And I'm glad I get to visit the area, because I have some serious misconceptions and stereotypes about Texas that need to be either proved or realigned.

This post isn't terribly in depth, but then again, I'm not feeling much more that excitement. I also get the feeling that everyone in the blogosphere is on summer vacation, or close to it. Y'all have been awfully quiet lately...