Friday, May 14, 2004

dreamin'

I had some crazy dreams last night, but in a realistic way (meaning, there were no character shifts, flying monkeys, or blue sheep).

In the first one I was at the Ani concert, only she was doing a roving show, and walking around with her guitar. She stopped by me and we had a conversation, although I don't really remember what it was about. She looked really exhausted, and I wanted to give her a big hug and put her in bed with a bowl of soup.

In the second dream, Jerry wanted us to get married, and I said okay. But after a couple of weeks (in dream speed) I realized that I didn't want to, and when I tried to stop it, I found that everyone but me was making plans for the wedding, and it was going to be a real traditional affair. Not what I wanted. So I went to talk to Jerry about it (who lived, for some reason, with two young Chinese boys in an extremely messy apartment that was mostly staircases with waterfalls pouring down them- okay, that's the crazy part), but he got extremely upset and wouldn't talk to me. He said we were getting married whether I liked it or not! I tried to reason- saying I wanted it to be more like a civil union affair, or a commitment ceremony, and that there was no way in hell I was going to wear three feet of ruffly lace on my ass, but it didn't work. So, I ran off and through myself down the waterfall.

Let that be a lesson to you.