Thursday, May 20, 2004

public service announcement

Please go to Margaret Cho's blog and watch the March video she has on the left side of the screen. It had me alternating between tears (goddess, what a beautiful day that was...the memories flooding back) and hysterics (Wanda Sykes! "Look at all this color going to waste!" hehehe) and happiness (well, duh).

The last segment is Ani playing live, which I recorded a snippet of for you here. There's a part in the video with her, Howard Dean, and Margaret that I just love. Hearing her live performance again gets me all reved up to get to July 27th all the more quickly.

I can't believe that was nearly a month ago. The memories are fresh, and poignant, and I'm so proud I was a part of this. The power of a crowd that magnitude, with that much hope and energy and direction-- it leaves me breathless.