Monday, June 05, 2006

pharyngitis- fun for the whole family!

I woke up today delirious with a high fever. I couldn't escape the dream I was having, it just kept repeating over and over. My ears hurt when I swallowed. My head was hot but my body was shivering.

This is what happens when you don't use your health insurance for two years, and then cancel it due to insufficient funds. You actually do get sick.

Thankfully, UNT offers free visits to the nurse. Acute pharyngitis- where the hell did I get that? Just short of strep throat. $50 for my prescription- antibiotics- and I'm on my way. Sheesh.

Anyway, I was supposed to start my summer class today but I couldn't sit up without being woozy, so I missed that. Tomorrow, I guess.

Meanwhile, I feel somewhat better, but I cannot stop sweating. Since I'm already simultaneously hot and cold, I feel a bit like one of those misting machines they have outside of restaurants in the summer.