Monday, November 20, 2006

in which i vow to be productive this thanksgiving break

Things are winding down for the semester, and especially winding down this week as everyone takes off to their various T-giving break destinations. I am not going anywhere, which is absolutely fine by me! Not going anywhere means I get to spend time in my house, cleaning, cooking, and just in general relaxing. I also have some papers to get started writing (one in particular I plan to have done by the end of the weekend) and lots of practicing to do. I am promising myself right now that I will not let the freedom of having no obligations lull me into a coma of beer and movies this weekend.

I will write that paper! I will clean my bathroom! I will polish my jury piece! I will finish learning my tunes for JK! I will still do all these things plus sleep in a lot!

Thursday Chuck and I are planning a gathering for those in town- food! And lots of it. So you are invited if you are in Denton.

Since I can count on one hand the number of things left to do this semester, I am geting a little antsy and lazy. I am hoping I can keep my shit together long enough to finish this semester at least as strong as I started it, and then take a well-deserved break from reality in sunny San Diego. I can do this. I can make it.