Sunday, December 28, 2003

ups, ups, and mostly ups

except that I'm hungry and have no food to make, that's a down.

Christmas=business as usual. Best present: two vegetarian cookbooks. Have made sole New Year's resolution to make a new recipe at least once a week, more if possible.

Jerry's visit is official! Jan 8-17th. This puts most of his visit right smack dab in the middle of recital stress, but that's okay-this isn't a big recital and I think it'll be good. Plus, it's my Jerry! I'm absolutely thrilled and glad it's only a week and a half away. There will be much smooching the week of Jan 8th.

Jerry is also selling/giving me his mini disc player-which means I no longer need to stress about recording my recital and I can start right off doing high quality recordings of my practice sessions and make tapes and so on. I need to buy a microphone, but that I can handle.

We finally made it to the Pacific Beach Bar and Grill-a place that has always been on the list of places to go. Marisa, Sarah and I rode down, met up with Natasha and Mary, and had a general good time. Very very nice place- A+ bathrooms and bar service, not sketchy at all (ie well lit but not annoyingly so), etc. Funny incidents with drunk men. Although I enjoy a good flirt, I do hate the guys that try so hard to hit on your particular group of friends, like "I noticed you ladies sitting alone" bullshit and cheesy crap like that. There should be some designated pattern to flirt initiation. Otherwise, I want to be left "alone" with my friends.

Shopping/dinner with Katie yesterday, and I got awesome pants. Fabulous pants. The bestest.

Work today, and hopefully my second-to-last day! I work again New Year's Eve, but only til 8. Have no plans as of yet for NY. Perhaps downtown again? Or throw a party? We'll see.

Well, I haven't much else to say. I did have a good time at work today joking with Britni, quality time making fun of the music videos. Life is good.