Monday, February 02, 2004

disappointment

My tuba players quit on me today. Well, I wasn't surprised that Amanda quit, because she always made it quite evident that she didn't care. But David...now, I admit that he had a lot of work to do, and his knowledge of fingerings left something to be desired...but he was a good kid, and he worked hard.

It's all part of being a teacher, I guess. There are ups and downs, and you can't always tell what your kids are thinking. Sometimes you don't even know if you're making a difference. I wouldn't survive as a full-fledged band director for many reasons, but that's the biggest. Does it really matter what I'm doing? Am I including everyone in this progress? Are they all having a good time?

Now that you're all in a somber mood, go on over to Green Fairy and laugh your ass off about death. Go on. Do it.