Monday, February 02, 2004

duuuude

I found a bag of M&Ms my parents had stashed tonight and was all weirded out when I saw that they were black and white. Okay, so now those commercials with Judy Garland make more sense (I never pay attention to what commercials are selling, in an effort to not feel obligated to buy anything ever). Apparently you can help the M&Ms find their color. I dunno. I like the black and white scheme. It reminds me of that awesome scene in An American in Paris with the black and white party. There's some cool ass shit going down there. Wouldn't be surprised if people were crack addicts either. Gene Kelly looks kind of dumb, but everyone else is dressed up all wild (it's mostly the costume he's wearing. I mean, if you're going to a black and white party, a joker's costume is like the easiest thing to do. Let's hear it for some black and white creativity, people. Ostriches. Zebras. Pineapples). It's pretty hip, and I'd have liked to have been there.

On another note, I was pissed off about the MTV/Real World alleged sexual assault when I heard about it, but now I'm just damn pissed off at the whole show (wait before you say "just now?"-I was a great fan of RW Seattle, but then again some of those people had common sense and intelligence). Drunken idiots. Making a mockery of my pretty city. Get the fuck out. Either that, or have "Real World: Tijuana" so we can have some more positive images of race (sarcasm alert level: elevated). See how they like living in a tin shack and dealing with Montezuma's curse. Prediction: a cast member will be hospitalized during the first week of shooting after being run down by a Mexican taxi driver. We will listen sympathetically while several other cast members describe the hardships of being in a non-english speaking country, and the anguish they suffer at being laughed at and called "gringos" before having their wallets stolen. The cameras will pan over decrepit neighborhoods as a cast member's voice over states: "It's so humbling...to be in a place where the people have nothing. It's like, you have to reevaluate everything you've ever thought. The other day I..*sniff*...oh man, this hard...I saw a roach. In our kitchen. I mean, this is extreme poverty man. I'm going to be such a stronger person, as a house we'll be so close...because we survived, man, we are survivors."

Remind me never to watch MTV when I'm feeling snarky and sarcastic.