Monday, March 22, 2004

book update

It's going back. I'm only halfway. I flipped through the last couple of pages and failed to arouse myself into any sort of concern for the characters. An utter and complete lack of desire to care. Felt by me.

Some other time then, Mr Bellow, when you've decided to be interesting.

In the meantime, I have decided not to check out any more books (although I might change my mind when I get to library), but instead, I will practice my trombone whenever I feel the desire to read. Therefore, I will begin to acquaint practicizing with the enjoyment I get out of reading, and thus, get better. Sure, I've had a lot of cockneyed schemes, over the years, to get myself to practice more, but this one'll work I can feel it! (Totally sarcasm there, just to warn you)

Truly though, I should practice. I'll never be able to decide if I want to keep playing if I don't actually do it. Plus, the longer I sit on my metaphorical non-practicing ass, the more out of shape my chops will be and thus it will exponentially be less fun to play.

Case in point, my lower lip is having a freak-out session right now (you know, a muscle spasm), and it's likely because I played for about an hour today (and that's a hour longer than every other day). It's mad. Muscles get mad at you when you do stupid shit like that. They are not to be trifled with.

Apparently I did get one thing out of attempting to read More Die of Heartbreak. Inspiration to not read, and work harder at my chosen profession. Not a bad trade, eh?