Tuesday, March 23, 2004

fighting the battle of who could care less

I can't think of anything to blog about. Sorry to those of you who come here for the way I deftly and intelligently handle the issues that face us all in the world today. I promise, I'll be back on top in no time, giving it hard and fast to the haters. Meanwhile, I feel more like being silly and irreverent, or at times charmingly observant about our current version of popular culture.

Speaking of popular culture, guess what I'm listening to?

That's right, it's Fiona Apple's Tidal.

Just basking in the high school, feeling angst-y and mind-numbingly deep all over again.

And you'll notice that the title of this blog is a reference to yet another classic CD of my past (chocolate to the first contestant to guess correctly!)...I blame Erica. Add to that OK Computer (Radiohead), Bringing Down the Horse(The Wallflowers), and Odelay (Beck) and you've got a recipe for young, spunky, and carefree Lorn dancing about while eating yogurt. Ah, high school. God bless you. Maybe that's why I want to go punk again. Not even 23 and I'm reclaiming my lost youth. Too bad I'm stuck here in this youth-forsaken place, making myself Baileys Hot Chocolate and watching reruns of the Cosby Show.